2020 Architectural Appreciation Photography Contest
in observance of National Preservation Month – May
The Temple Main Street Program is sponsoring the 2nd Annual Temple Architectural Appreciation Photography Contest. We are conducting this contest as part of Temple’s observance of National Preservation Month, which is May. The purpose of the contest is to draw community attention to the importance of preserving and protecting our valuable community architectural assets through the restoration of old buildings.
The rules of the contest are simple:
1. Select a building in Temple that you think is historic and appealing as a photo subject. For the purposes of this contest, there is no set definition of “historic” – just choose an older building somewhere in Temple.
2. Photograph the building
3. All entries must be printed at 8”x10” size and framed in a frame at no larger than 11”x14”.
4. Write the following on the back of your photo entry
· Your name
· Your phone number,
· You’re e-mail address,
· The name or address of the building [if possible],
· All of this information must be clearly legible.
And/or submit your digital building entries here : https://woobox.com/7a288k
5. Contestant may submit up to 3 entries printed entries and 3 digital entries.
6. Deliver your framed photo to the Discover Downtown Temple Office located , at 101 N. Main Street, by 5:00 PM on Friday, March 27, 2020.
7. This contest is open to all skill levels, to all ages, and to both professionals and amateurs.
8. This is a photography contest, not a Photoshop contest. No composite images (blending exposures, focus stacking), no cutting and pasting sections of other images, cloning or creating objects or excessive blurring or excessive darkening are allowed.
9. Second and third-place winners will receive prize ribbons. The First-Place winner will receive a champion’s trophy for the printed the photographs. The digital entries will have a fan favorite based on votes and a staff choice which will be featured on social media.
10. Digital entries will open up for voting on the Discover Downtown Temple Facebook page March 27th 2020. Votes are limited to one vote per day until April 24th.
11. All winners will be honored and recognized during May which has been designated as National Preservation Month, and we will work with local museums to have the printed entries displayed as an exhibit.
12. All printed photographs submitted will be used in public displays for a period of not more than 6 months – May-October. Photographers should participate in this contest at their own risk. The City of Temple will not be held responsible for lost or damaged photos or frames. When these public displays have concluded, the photographs will be returned to the contest entrants. Contestants will be called and/or E-mailed about collecting their photograph. If repeated attempts are made to contact the photographer and the photographer fails to respond, the Temple Main Street Program reserves the right to dispose of any unclaimed contest entries.
Disclaimer: By submitting a photo you give the City of Temple permission to use the photo in promotions. Photos may be posted publicly on Facebook, other social media, print material and/or public television broadcasts.
If you have questions about the Photography contest please contact Dan Kelleher at 254-298-5378 or email him at email@example.com